WELCOME TO THE HEIRNET ONLINE CONFERENCE
“HISTORY EDUCATION PERSPECTIVES ON AN ENDANGERED WORLD”
History’s underlying rhythm of past into present has rarely been so topical and crucial. A positive historical perspective is nowhere better illustrated than in Taiwan’s successful response to the Covid-19 pandemic that drew upon its bitter memories and experience of the 2003 SARS and other pandemics. In negative stark contrast to such ‘thinking historically’ is the West’s abysmal failure to learn from the past history of pandemics to cope with Covid-19.
Equally illuminating is the issue of Climate Change that threatens the world’s survival. Historical evidentially driven Climate Change understanding, policy and its implementation has been, is and will be fundamental to reversing the impending global climactic disaster.
History Education is central to addressing the living problems of global pandemics and climate change. Accordingly the HEIRNET 2021 Conference has as at its focus a new theme: History Education Perspectives On An Endangered World.
THE HEIRNET 2021 VIRTUAL CONFERENCE: 31st AUG-2nd SEPT
This year’s virtual HEIRNET 2021 conference promises to be the highlight of the history education calendar with break out rooms during and after sessions, whiteboards to capture thoughts, social meeting rooms during intermissions for discussion, debate, mingling, networking and meetings. Also on offer are a range of social activities such as world cafes and networked events, a history quiz and the launch of the HEIRNET membership programme.
HEIRNET 2021 will run over three days with extensive breaks between its sessions to make it a virtual experience to mirror that of a live conference. The 2021 conference will have:
- nine 120 minute sessions with over 100 presenters
- each session with up to 3 parallel strands each lasting 120 minutes or 2 consecutive 60 minute half strands
- each strand with a chair and from 1-4 recorded presentations plus break out rooms, live discussions and feedback both during and after presentations
- presentations can draw upon 24 themes, over 250 topics, workshops and a wide range of presentational genres, see CONFERENCE SUBMISSIONS below as well as delegates creating their own strand sessions that can be managed as they think fit
- Intermissions – before, between and after sessions with social rooms for socialising and social activities
Presenters will give pre-recorded presentations (the only exceptions are those that HEIRNET and MOSAIC have agreed).
- Concerning pre-recorded presentations, these must be submitted beforehand.
- Presentations using ZOOM will be played during the strand’s timetabled conference slot, with live discussion, debate and activities to follow.
- All HEIRNET 2021 conference presentations will also be available (if possible) after the conference on a password protected page of the HEIRNET website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please consult FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions] that should cover most concerns.
For any other queries: email firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite conference submissions for presentations from over 250 conference topics or delegates’ own topics.
Presentations can take many forms, including:
For details of Conference Areas, Themes and Topics and how to make a Submission, click on the link: